Doll Fandom Garlands inspired by The Halfling Writer!

9:06 AM

Today, I'm doing a dollie diy (even though it works for humans, as you will see at the end of this), 100% inspired by  this post by The Halfling Writer ! Today I'm showing you how I downsized it for dolls. 


You Will Need:
  • a computer (not pictured)
  • printer (not pictured) 
  • ribbon
  • photos of your idols/dolls idols
  • tape
  • scissors  
  • (optional) red crayon or marker
Let's get started! 
Step one is obvious and it is to put on Christmas music.



The next step is to look up whoever you want to be on your garland. I wanted to share this photo as a, "LOL FAIL" photo, because all photos of Legolas are cute. 


For this post, I ended up actually doing a Fall Out Boy garland (I did a Legolas one as well, though). The second step is to look up and find photos you want. 


If you're doing a band, or a movie cast, I suggest getting individual photos of the actors/singers. Then, you need to save them to your computed. 


Be sure to name the photo something easy you won't forget. 


The other photo you'll need is a transparent santa hat. Search, "Transparent Christmas Hat" and you'll find tons. You will know it's transparent if it has the checkered background. 


Open up PickMonkey with a photo you chose. Go to the overlay tab, and click the "Your Own" tab at the top. Then, open up the transparent santa hat photo. 


Proceed to adjust the hat on you/your doll's idol. Once done, save the photo.


When you are ready, open up the photos in Microsoft Word, or something similar. 


Adjust the photos so they are all about the same size. 


I have to pay for the colored ink at my house, because I use it so much, so I decided to print these in black and white to save ink. 


Once they are all printed, I chose to color the santa hat with a red crayon. Of course, if you printed these in color, you wouldn't need this step.


Then, you cut everyone out. For a doll sized garland, I recommend 5-6 photos. For a human sized garland, I recommend larger photos and 8-10 of them. 


Measure the space where you want to put the garland, and cut the ribbon accordingly! 


Tape your/your doll's idols to the ribbon.


Once everybody is ready, hang it up! 


Here it is in Zoe's room. 


Isn't it cute?


I think she likes it. 


Here is the one I made for my bedroom door! I did it with my idol (while I love Fall Out Boy, Marina and the Diamonds is my favorite person on this Earth.)


Yeah. I love it. 


For some bonus photos, enjoy this tree bokeh. 


This one has a bit of a weird crop, but I've working on tree bokeh all morning...photoshoot soon maybe? ;) 

chloe

You Might Also Like

9 lovely comments

  1. The garland looks great! I love the FOB one =) your Marina and the Diamonds one looks fabulous too, though! ;) the tree bokeh is awesome, in all honesty tree bokeh is one of my favorite things about Christmastime xD looking forward to the potential photo shoot =)

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...
    Well holy crud, wasn't expecting this. xD
    I can't believe I inspired you to do your own fandom garland. That's so cool. =)
    Love the Fall Out Boy one. Patrick looks great in a santa hat. xD
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how do you do tree bokeh? I've been admiring this all over the interweb and want to do it myself.
    Gwynnefar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kinda difficult but I will do a tutorial!

      Delete
  4. Haha, love the garland!

    The tree bokeh is really pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for an award!
    http://2dollstars.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-darling-doll-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... wow. Just re-found this. Still amazin! I used it for my dolls! And if you like Marina and the Diamonds, listen to Melanie Martinez!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and hearing what you have to say! If I find any inappropriate comments- they will not be published.

recent posts

Subscribe