Thanksgiving!

11:23 AM

(Told by Ivy!)
"Good morning Kanani!" I said to my sister. She looked like she was on the verge of panic. 

"Could you take these to the dinner table for me? Connor and Caroline forgot them, and I can't take them, the oven is almost done preheating..and I need the wagon they took so we can start hauling chairs over as well..." I told her I would do it but I didn't know the way- you see, our house doesn't have enough room for a table that sits 15 dolls, so the dining table is a temporary table set up every holiday, somewhere in Momma's house. 


Kanani told me Chocolate Chip knew the way and I could hook him up to the dog sled and he could take me. 


I felt kinda silly, because it was meant for winter in the snow, and I was parading around Momma's house. 


I found them setting up the table- canvas stacked on clothing boxes. Very classy. 


I pulled Chip in. 


Connor and I did the exchange, wagon, 


for silverware, cups, and plates. 


I decided to give Chocolate Chip a break, and haul him home. 


Saige and Abigale started hauling chairs to the table. 











We all came and sat down. While I had hoped to sit with Zoe, we both sat ta the two ends of the table. Family tradition for the two new dolls to sit at the ends or something like that. 




The food looked SO good! 



Quite a large table as well..


We don't really say grace in our family, we more so do a toast type thing. Being the newest doll, It was my turn to do a toast. I wasn't sure what to do, but I had a stroke of genius. I left the table really fast because I had to grab something. 


It was a red box with a fancy pattern. 


I opened it up to reveal a Chinese tea set. Momma got it for me soon after I moved here- she got in San Francisco- where I'm from! 


I made room and sat the tea down at the table. 


"There are only four glasses," I began, "Two of which, for Zoe and I, the 'newbies'. The other two glasses I would like to give to the dolls that help us all the most- Caroline and Kanani, because they do so much for us and I am so thankful." The teapot went around, and everyone filled their cup. 


"Um, I don't really know what to say, but I want to explain why I brought this teapot." I started my speech. 


"In my culture, a fancy tea set is always brought out on special occasions with family and friends. I wanted to bring something from my culture to share with my new family. Because it's special to me, and all of you are special to me as well. Uh, I think that's it." I sat down quickly, everyone clinked glasses and food was passed around. 

Happy Thanksgiving- may you have delicious food on your table and lovely people in your heart.
xoxo
Ivy

P.S. From Chloe: Happy Thanksgiving to my lovely followers! I am starting something new- I turning comments on private so I can go through them easier and respond to you all! ALSO- comment below your blog and your favorite blogs- in my absence in September- the blogging world apparently exploded with tons of new people who I'm having trouble keeping track of. I want to follow some new people! 

Also- if this post didn't fill you up- click HERE to read last year's Thanksgiving photostory! It's amazing to see how my blogging style has changed and photography improved.

Love, Chloe


You Might Also Like

11 lovely comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Chloe! Love the story; so fun. =)
    And you were already sweet enough to check out my blogs... there's a really fun blog that I love called AG Geeks (www.aggeeks.blogspot.com) I can't think of any other particularly new blogs... =)
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy thanksgiving to you as well! I will be checking the out!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving!
    About new blogs, here are a few...
    *Mint's blog- http://mint4agdolls.blogspot.com/
    *Adaline's blog- http://www.agintheshire.blogspot.com/
    Olivia's blog- http://aggeeks.blogspot.com/
    *Kaitlyn's blog- http://americangirlplace1234.blogspot.com/
    *Maddie's blog- http://dollsonmymind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't heard of some of those before- I'll check them out!

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Chloe! ^-^ this is such a cute photo-story :)
    Also, thank you SOOO much for following my blog! When I saw you did that I actually did squeal in real life. It means so much to me that you followed my little corner of the internet. =)
    I don't know if you already follow these blogs, but here are my favorite that use blogger:

    http://agintheshire.blogspot.com
    Http://agdtime.blogspot.com
    Http://dollsonmymind.blogspot.com
    Http://americangirlnorthwest.blogspot.com
    Http://mint4agdolls.blogspot.com
    Http://todollyawesome.blogspot.com
    Http://foreverlovedolls.blogspot.com

    Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! This is such an adorable photostory and all the food looks really cute! I love it!
    Oh! That's soo cool you want to follow more blogs! I would be soooooooooo happy if you followed mine ( http://americangirlplace1234.blogspot.com)!!!! Also, the blogs that the people above me said to check out are really awesome blogs, so definitely check those out! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will check your blog out!

      Delete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving!! I love all the blogs I follow, but some of the newer ones are:
    - Picture Perfect AG (http://pictureperfectagblog.blogspot.com)
    - Alone in Doll World (http://aloneindollworld.blogspot.com)
    Those are two of the newest blgs I've seen.
    Thank you so much for checking out my blog, it means a ton :0)
    - Zoë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! <3 I'll check those blogs out!

      Delete
  6. I own dollsanddance.com!
    vinyl Girls is fun - agimagination.blogspot.com

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and hearing what you have to say! If I find any inappropriate comments- they will not be published.

recent posts

Subscribe